Thursday, January 14, 2010

Dream Homes

My partner and I went to Tasmania over the New Years break and spent several days traversing the countryside and exploring. This was our second visit to Tassie, our first having been a surprise Valentine’s Day gift to me in February. Bless him.

I fell in love with Tasmania, I truly did. So much of it is still untouched, there are still vast rolling properties and a world heritage area on this tiny island. I want a house here, I do. We fantasised the whole trip about buying 20 acres of rolling pasture by the ocean, and putting a caravan on it, until we had enough money, where the house I was designing in my head could be built.

And then I found it! While browsing HabitusLiving.com, I found somebody had built my dream house in my dream location, the Bay of Fires. Granted, it is a lodge, but I am very much in love with the materials design, the sweeping panorama, the low profile unobtrusive roofline and sustainable principles, and that infinity deck!!

Designed by Ken Latona, on the top of a hill, it rests gently in the environment, able to open to the elements that I love so much down in Tasmania.

http://www.bayoffires.com.au/










No comments:

Post a Comment